Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Go Ask Alice

The new trailer for Tim Burton's take on Alice in Wonderland is out today. It features, as you may have already guessed, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. In addition to Anne Hathaway, Alan Rickman, Micheal Sheen, Stephen Fry and Mia Wasikowska as Alice. Check out the trailer below for your viewing pleasure:



I really don't know how to feel about this movie. Alice in Wonderland was always one of my favorite movies as a child and it is only until recently I picked up the book. I love both the novel and Burton but perhaps my inner fangirl has decided to hate book to movie adaptation. (Since I heard rumors that Shia Labeouf is going to be in Death: THCOL.) But Burton looks to be taking Alice somewhere dark and Hot Topic-esque, which I am all for. At least Disney didn't leave out the White Queen the second time around.

All this has me asking some questions: Should Burton have done Alice and Wonderland? Why? Why not? What would you like to see Burton get his Robert Smith loving Goth hands on?

No comments:

Post a Comment